Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

As the stain dries I have been contemplating the last year and the tremendous changes that have taken place... entering into the blessed life, triggered by a book entitled that by Robert Morris (Erin, a must read), Philip being blessed with a job that not only fulfills his desires to provide for his family, but leadership that encourages his God-given talents and abilities to blossom and mature in exceedingly great ways. We have bought a house that was an answer to fervent prayer. And not only that, but God has provided ways to furnish it in ways we prayed for. He even provided money to buy Christmas presents! Now, how great is that? We have seen the Almighty provide for us over and over and over again this year... in ways even when our faith lacked. He truly has His eye and heart on blessing His children and seeing them happy and fulfilling their destiny to be great! We ARE His children in whom He is well-pleased.

It amazes me though to see myself, right in the midst of tremendous blessing and abundant grace, missing the heart of the One who created my innermost being. I have a new passion to get back to seeing His beauty in the world around me. To wait for His hand to move across His people and become overwhelmed by His presence. To seek the warmth of His Spirit. I want to prioritize waiting on Him and sitting at His feet. I miss the days of being so in love with the Almighty that it makes me cry. But those days are here again. My heart is beginning to pant again for the water that flows from my Maker. And it is so good. It is so good...

No comments: