Saturday, January 16, 2010

hard habit to break

Boy, I've been out of the habit of keeping a blog. And it shows.

Things are good! Tonight I got my 8th student in my voice studio. I'm so blessed to have found a job that I USE my degree, and I LOVE! Really, you should try it. It's very rewarding. Last week I had 5 students, this week, 8! And probably more on the way! What's even more special about this number is that it reaches a goal Philip and I have had for years for a monthly income. God is so good to remember our requests and honor them when we honor Him!! Praise Him for His provision and endless love!

Jude is cute as can be. He's 5 1/2 months now, rolling, scooching, grabbing, and sitting (until he loses his balance). He has the cutest laugh and loves smiling so huge at everyone! We're finally figuring out a good schedule, too. If you remember, he started sleeping 10 hours at night at about 2 mo. Then he got sick and the time change happened and it totally messed him up. He started waking up 2-3 times at night again and kept that going until last week when Philip and I decided that was enough of that. We tried crying it out (sorta) during the night, but he would wail and scream so hard... Then last week I was talking with a few moms that made me realize that now since he's waking at about 4am, he probably is legitimately getting hungry, since he goes to bed at 8. So, the last few nights I've gotten up, fed him, and he goes right back to sleep for several hours.

Also, we're in the process of weaning. I love breastfeeding and think it's absolutely the best thing for a baby. But there just comes a time when, well, it's just time. I have peace about it. And it's almost been 6 months. Deron went 8 months. The thing is, I just don't think I'm making enough to satisfy him completely. So, we've been playing around with supplementing and such, and he's been SO happy! He's also eating cereal and veggies! What a big boy!

Isn't it funny how the big milestones in life have to do with food and poop? Think on that.

I'm still working out at least 4 times a week at my awesome gym (I love it there). I really love the people I'm around, most of them encouraging and interested in you. I've had so many people tell me how good I look and how I've lost weight (I wish...) since I came back after having Jude. Truth is, I still have about 8 pounds left to get back to pre-pregnancy, and it's proving quite difficult. I'm not obsessed, just wanting to find something more. I've started little by little to start running in addition to my normal classes during the week at the gym. Even if I get there 30 min. early, I can knock off a few miles and challenge my heart. It feels great to have a new challenge!

Deron is at his new school (at our church). He's loving it, making new friends, and surprising his teachers. He's such a smart kiddo. And he's reading now as well. I'm so proud! And he's such a sweet big brother. And Jude laughs and smiles and talks to Deron like he wants to be just like him. It's great!

Well, there's an update for you all. Blessings!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

So great to have an update from you and your sweet family Katy! Congrats on your voice students, y'all are so blessed it's awesome!

Kara said...

Sounds like you guys are doing good! I'm so excited for you to be doing what you love.

Ashley said...

Okay, this was a sweet update...but it's been a few months, Katy! :) I just finally posted an update today...it's been over a year since my last one! :) I miss you! Hope all is well!