Friday, July 23, 2010

I am blessed...

A few weeks ago, I heard a brief comment from a speaker at our church who has very spiritually-minded and awesome children that he has them speak a few things over themselves every morning. It touched me deeply and I decided to do the same. So I sat down and asked the Holy Spirit to help me make a list of things I want my kids to know about themselves. I draw on these things then all day long, when they need correction or not, to remind them who and how awesome God made them!


I am blessed.
I am happy.
I am nice and fun to be around.
I am a helper.
I am anointed.
I am rich.
I am good-looking.
I will look for the greatest possible good that could happen in me and in those around me.
My words are pleasant and bring life.
My tongue is used to encourage and lift up.
Rebellion, deceit and dishonor are far from me and will not influence me.
I will call on the powerful Name of Jesus to give me authority and power in all situations.
God's peace will be where I walk and His joy is what I proclaim!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Beautiful Katy! Thank you for sharing, I will adopt the wisdom from the post and carry it forward for my children as well. You are an amazing example of a christian mom. Thank you, again!