Sunday, August 22, 2010

this is for you Erin!

I don't know how many of you are seamstresses in hiding. I wish I had the talent, the time, the ambition to make beautiful things out of gorgeous fabric and decorate my home (or myself!) with them. I love seeing the creativity come out of seemingly nowhere!

Recently I came across this blog of a woman who had an itch to stir up her creativity. 365 days, $1 a day to spend on a thrift store find. She then recreates it to her liking as a dress or top of some kind. I can sit here for hours reading her blog! So awesome!

Erin, you could so do this! (But I totally understand if you want to wait until all 3 kids are in school. :) Love you, friend!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love it! Thanks for thinking of me! I feel the itch to sew pretty much every day, but now I have no place to leave my stuff out! The nursery has taken the place of our playroom/sewing place. But, one day soon I will sew again! :) Love you, too!