Wednesday, April 27, 2011

intimacy with the Father keeps you out of the ditch

Today while getting ready, I started thinking about all of the things I want to do, do differently, do better, and the like. It started to feel heavy and insurmountable, and as I've grown closer to the Lord, I know His burden is always light. He told me to make a list of things that I could remember that have changed over the years. It looked something like this:

*I no longer drink cokes at lunch and dinner (meaning everyday)
*I exercise regularly
*I enjoy coffee
*I don't like salt on my tortilla chips
*I enjoy raw onions
*I enjoy reading much more
*I don't enjoy the majority of news shows
*I don't enjoy much TV at all, really
*Washing dishes doesn't bother me
*I fold clothes automatically out of the dryer
*I vaccuum much more often
*I clean much more frequently
*I try to look "put together" and beautiful for my husband
*I eat healthier generally (i.e. whole wheat pasta, fresh veggies instead of canned, whole wheat bread, etc(
*I feel worthy, rich, humble, and free!
*I have enmity toward dishonor (sarcasm, humor, etc)
*I see people as just people (no fear of man or intimidation)
Although not complete, it helped me remember things that I have wanted to change in the past- and have succeeded by situation or desire.
I feel like I have have so many things I'd like to reorient in my life- thinking patterns, habits, etc that feel quite overwhelming when I think of them amassed before me. God tells us to renew our minds; to not be conformed to this world, but be transformed. Our minds are subject to overload because that is where battles take place. All the time. To renew our mind by the Word of God is to take back ground that is rightfully ours.
The key to making changes in our lives successfully comes from being led by the Holy Spirit. Leaning into His chest and knowing what He is saying. Listening to that gut feeling that not-so-ironically is a good physical place for our spirit to reside. Even in decisions like eating a certain way or behaving a certain way. We are led from a place of intimacy. No more being steered into the same old patterns and ruts! It's time to relax, listen, and be led into the new thinking, new routines, and new glory! So be it!
You want to honor God? The greatest way to honor anyone is by your presence!
Intimacy with the Father makes you the perfect person- everything you have ever wanted to be.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Delightful Katy. Thanks for writing. Love your blog, love you more!