Monday, September 10, 2007

Blessed are the...

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.

Our pastor is doing a series on the beatitudes. Let me interject here that I love my pastor. I love my church. I have never been at a place where I have gotten so much spiritual food in my life. And it's not all about the sermons. It's about a lifestyle. Being submitted to people that are genuinely the most humble, powerful, and loving people you'll ever meet.

The best thing though, is that I have learned more about living a life that is so free and fulfilling... a life that Christ died so that we can have! Rejoice because this is the day the Lord has made! He has such great things for everyone, and I desperately want people to understand that there is LIFE and FUN and HEALING and JOY and FREEDOM in the Kingdom. I'm tired of seeing sad, depressed, lethargic, defeated Christians. It pangs me to see people that bear the name of Jesus Christ and don't know the authority that they walk with. Take hold of the things that God has for you. They really are there! I have come from a life of hopelessness and depression, and I was a sold out Christian! Now, I know a life of joy and freedom! And that is where the Spirit is. Praise you, Father, for your Spirit. Your living, active, and powerful Holy Spirit!

No comments: