Wednesday, September 5, 2007

pies and chipmunks

We acquired about 10 pounds of fresh apples last week, so Philip asked me to bake an apple pie.
So I made one... from scratch- including the crust, I might add... not the first time ever, but it sure was yummy! It only took me 2 hours in the kitchen, slaving over a hot stove! If you want to take the challenge, here's the recipe: Double Crust Apple Pie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note... since Deron was just under 2, he started this thing where if he had too much in his mouth or if he wasn't particularly excited about what we were eating, he would put it in his mouth and just keep it there and occasionally chew. But for the most part just stuff it to the side and keep it there until the once distinguishable bite becomes a colorless glob of saliva and, well, just yuck. He is much better about it these days and I am quite glad about that.

This picture was taken the other night when he ate about 5 whole bites of steak (I think it was) all at the same time. He liked it a lot, but just got a little ahead of himself.... :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On yet another note:


Like father, like son.... I relish these moments when I see them together...

1 comment:

Erin said...

ooohhh yummy...we're not big fans of apples or apple pie, but I might try to make it with another yummy filling. hmmm... I'll keep you updated.

Andrew did the chipmunk thing for a long time and it made me nervous he would choke. We had to constantly make him spit it out! And yes, it is just yuck!

Oh and, YEA for another post finally!!!