Monday, December 24, 2007

painting done, floors exposed

We worked so hard this last week! We at first planned on moving in on Saturday. Then we moved it to Sunday afternoon. After ripping up the carpet and revealing the beautiful floors underneath, we decided to finish everything off before getting all of our stuff in the house and go ahead and refinish the floors. We'll probably stain them a shade darker to match the doors. With a little extra time, we can finish off the baseboards, replace ceiling fans and lights, kitchen hardware, etc. It will be wonderful moving and settling in without more work to think about doing in the future.



The kitchen almost completely painted. It's done now, but I forgot to take a picture of it all done. You'll see it sooner or later.


Deron's room in the process of taking off the masking for the stripes.

Just after ripping up the carpet in the front room. That's Philip's dad, David. Thanks to him, they were able to get the floors all cleaned up and to this point in only a few hours! It would have taken Philip and I days, I'm sure. A little wisdom in this area sure helped!

The stripes on Deron's wall. They turned out awesome! I'm so proud. :)

The beautiful floors in the master bedroom. And finished walls, too.

The room we don't quite know what to do with yet.


The front room all painted and floors revealed!

3 comments:

Missie said...

BEAUTIFUL and so cozy!
Good job!
Merry Christmas!

Erin said...

Yea! I love those floors! Congrats!!!

Diane Pruett said...

No I was wrong, I do love the front room color!! It's cool! I'm currently not sure about my laundry room color right though. It's kind of florescent looking.