Friday, September 19, 2008

no pictures today

Yeah, so philip and i joke about bloggers who always start out their posts with, "Geez! It's been ___ since I last posted!" So, I'm not going to start out that way. Truthfully, I've been dang busy with everything that I literally haven't had time to do much of anything, much less write a little blog post with a few pictures of probably Deron doing something breathtakingly adorable or hysterically funny or amazingly... amazing.

What's been going on lately? The loss of a dear friend, listening to teachers gripe about NCLB (is that all they ever do whenever they get together?), learning the anatomy of the vocal tract and realizing what an amazing God created us, seeing that Deron's 3T clothes don't fit anymore, pumping iron and watching muscles grow where I've never seen them before, being frustrated that I'm not really losing weight, coming back to a realization of who I am in God (He's not trying to hurt me, He's trying to kill me! - meaning my flesh), trying to think about Christmas presents early this year, waiting to see who will win on America's Got Talent, enjoying our weekly date nights on Thursdays, wondering what student teaching will be like and where my sweet son will go, enjoying pictures of a friend's new baby, and thinking of our next, and trying to catch a few moments of quiet before the next day begins.

So there you go, quick, simple, to the point. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Missie said...

Thanks Katy. That was a sweet post.

Amity said...

You ARE a busy girl!!

big D wilsons said...

not to have too much of a hot sports opinon, but read this article and it'll give you a glimpse as to why all teacher's do is complain about nclb.
http://www.wacotrib.com/opin/content/shared/news/stories/2008/09/YOUNG_COLUMN_0919_COX.html
when your job is on the line for things that you cannot control all on your own....it tends to frustrate you a little bit. and when you, a small cog in this giant machine of education, have so little power, say, or influence, it feels good to vent. if only for your 20 minute duty free lunch.