Wednesday, January 7, 2009

news news news

First off, we do have wonderful news!! We are expecting a new little baby Crumpton in August!! I'm about 9 weeks in, feeling okay mostly, but learning to manage the almost constant nagging in my stomach. New Year's Day was a horrible sick day for me, consisted of sleeping almost the entire day with short wakings to "uuuuggghh's" and "ooooohhhhh's". Fortunately it only lasted that one day, probably a combination of what I ate the night before and how late we stayed up.

Yesterday we got our first sonogram of the new little one. I must admit, after two miscarriages, I was a bit shaky. Since we found out I was pregnant, we've been bathing this pregnancy in prayer and claiming health and wholeness to this baby! I even asked God to help me feel the effects of this pregnancy more than before. All the others have been almost TOO easy. With Deron and the others, I felt wonderful the entire time, except for maybe some back pain and general uncomfortableness the last 3rd. So every stomach turn, every craving, every tired spell, I'm praising God for the beautiful life that is growing healthily inside of me. Even
this morning, God graced me with Psalm 147:13b "He has blessed your children within you." Thank you, Lord! The sonogram looked great, we saw our little bean wiggling and squirming around, and it brought such peace to this mommy!


Today was also a big day for the Crumptons as Deron went off to the big world of preschool! Since I will be student-teaching in only about a week, Deron needed to start going somewhere all day, and he really is ready for preschool. I thought this would be so hard, tears and all, but he went in so calmly and started playing with the other kids! Yea!

After Philip and I dropped him off, we ran some errands, picked up some *decaf* Starbucks and I'm home now, listening to Frank Sinatra on Pandora loudly, doing much needed laundry, mailings, and general house cleaning, oh and updating the ever-so-important blog. Should I feel guilty? School is a good thing. I might even get to practice nowadays without a little guy begging me to stop! Haha... And reading! I can relax and read a book now, and I can also take a nap! This is going to be nice... for a week. Then, everything changes. *sigh*

He really was more excited than this. Just didn't want to take a picture. Don't 3 year olds realize that the first day of school is a momentous occasion!?

7 comments:

Erin said...

yea for that sweet baby! I'm just so excited for you and Philip. I'm praying with you, too, friend.

I also can't wait to hear about Deron's first day of school! I know it was such a freeing day for you guys - don't feel guilty! :)

Love you!

Amity said...

Yay! Baby Crumpton looks beautiful and Deron looks like such a little man. So excited for you guys. :)

Kara said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you guys. I will definitely be in prayer for this little one and you guys. Keep us updated. Deron is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on your sweet baby! You are covered in prayer my friend and so is your sweet lil one! We are so happy for you guys and all the wonderful things in store for you! Deron is so big! How fun for him to go to preschool!! He is so cute! Hope he has a wonderful time!!! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again on your sweet baby! You are covered in prayer my friend and so is your sweet lil one! We are so happy for you guys and all the wonderful things in store for you! Deron is so big! How fun for him to go to preschool!! He is so cute! Hope he has a wonderful time!!! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Praying for you and this precious gift! Oh, how I can relate to those many moments of what may seem as 'discomfort' as truly a 'blessing in disguise' as they say.

Trey Gibson said...

Congratulations on baby! Take care of yourself and enjoy this pregnancy!
Corrie