Saturday, October 6, 2007

Saturday at the ZOO

Lately I've gotten really pumped up about doing more exciting activities as a family. Even though our schedules are crazy and Saturdays are (sometimes) the only day of rest we can come by, I want to make awesome memories with our little family instead of just seeing opportunities go by. I mean, why just spend a Saturday updating my blog, myspace, and facebook when we could be hiking, swimming, or going to the ZOO! Especially now that Deron is old enough to appreciate these kinds of excursions, I want to get our family out and about. So, today's event: the Abilene ZOO and a picnic. For those of you who don't know, the Abilene ZOO is no Fort Worth Zoo, but it was the perfect size, and we got to feed the animals... that is awesome.






































































































this was the closest I've ever been to a lion... we were seriously about 2 1/2 feet away!





































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love flamingos!