Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Oktubafest

Yes, I spelled that right. Last night was a momentous occasion. Since Philip and I are still in school as music majors, we have to meet a requirement of so many recital attendances each semester. This can be quite a feat, not so much while you're living the typical college lifestyle, but when you've got a kid to find a babysitter for a couple of times a week... that's a lot.

So last night there was a recital composed of 4 tubas and 2 euphonium- a tuba ensemble. The recital was appropriately named "Oktubafest". Nice. Anyway, I thought with this surely not being a long recital, and since the music was sure to be entertaining, maybe we should just try to bring Deron along. Hopefully he'd enjoy it and sit still and quiet.

Long story short, it was a success!! I can't believe my 2 1/2 year old sit still (sitting on daddy's lap) and stayed absolutely quiet for what ended up being over and hour! And the thing started at his bedtime. There was, thankfully an intermission that allowed all of us to stretch our legs a little bit. I was so proud, Philip had to wake me up in the middle of the night because I was sleeping really "restlessly". All I can remember is that I was still thinking... "I can't believe he sat through that whole recital!! That was awesome! Sweet! Yeah! etc, etc."




No comments: