Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday

So I know everyone is wondering what is happening on the big boy bed escapades... well, several days ago, I decided to really work hard on this subject, figure the best plan for my son out and follow through with it. It began at nap time. I laid down with him on mommy and daddy's bed (which he loves), read him a story and cuddled with him, but, to no avail. I think I dozed off, but then felt little fingers poking my closed eyes. So after about 45 minutes of no progress, he was transferred into his bed. I know that the crib side really helps him feel secure, thus sleeping better, so I decided to make a "mock" side. I put a chair backwards next to his bed, thinking, maybe, that it would serve its purpose, but still, Deron got down with vigor. So, I decided on plan C. This was to prop the crib side up next to the bed, meaning if his messed with it (even barely touching it), I would hear and know he was getting down, and could reinforce the "rules". Success! He never touched it, but went fast to sleep in record time. My plan is to slowly "wean" him off of the help, thus giving him more and more freedom as the side gets moved out of the way, but hopefully he'll remember that he's not supposed to get out of the bed. We'll see how it goes.

Philip is gone, since yesterday at 5am. He'll be back in time to climb into bed with me late tomorrow night (2 or 3am I'm thinking). It will be good to have him home. He's been so busy the last few weeks, it's like we've hardly seen each other anyway, but something is missing in me when he's not around. He really is something wonderful and beautiful in my life.

Also, yesterday at 10am began the blessed invention called Spring Break. Those in the adult world (minus teachers and professors), may have forgotten what a wonderful thing Spring Break is. Being at the place in our life where we are and all the things going on, it is so much more of a wonderful thing... I just hope Philip won't be tied up at work too much, giving that next Sunday is Resurrection Sunday... lots of preparation goes into such an awesome service. We are planning on taking a little mini-"marital fulfillment excursion" sometime this week. Just the 2 of us! I am WAY excited about that.... have no idea where we want to go, since there aren't too many places within short driving distance of Abilene, but we'll figure something out. I hear there's great things to do in Stamford.

1 comment:

Amity said...

"marital fulfillment excursion"
That's cute!!! :o)