Tuesday, March 25, 2008

spring break

I know all of you are dying to know how my spring break went! Well, it was good. I got tons done around the house, and that made me feel so great! Got the office painted. It's gray. It's pretty.

Got the redbud trimmed, laundry done, new outside light fixture in, new house numbers bought, started to paint the mailbox (needs another coat), and yesterday started painting the blue bathroom. I'm doing a linen faux finish on it... it should turn out well I think. I'll post pictures when it's finished.

I'm just going to blurb now:

In the last week and a half there have been 3 WASPS in our house! Not those little ones either, and they're not mud-dobbers... full-fledged, I'm-gonna-sting-you wasps! (Can you tell I don't like them?! One stung me once at the lake when I was little.. haven't liked them since. Well, probably didn't like them before that either.) Anyway, I have no idea where they are coming in the house. I have tried to make absolutely sure the back door is closed... who knows.

Philip and I ended up going to Wichita Falls for a couple of days and a night for our "marital fulfillment excursion. Yes, that's right. It was pretty fun. The highlights of the trip: test driving the car that I have been lusting over (not really) since last fall, the GMC Acadia. It's a GREAT car!, laughing that the "falls" in Wichita Falls weren't even turned on (Are you supposed to be able to turn them on and off?), watching LOST, and being with only Philip, the greatest and most wonderful man on this planet. Oh yeah, and we saw CAMELS on the way to and from! How awesome is that?!!? I took pictures on my phone, but don't have them here. I think I was more excited about that than anything. Camels! In Texas! How cool...

Philip's tour went well... I was very glad to have him home. One eventful night, about 9:30pm, I was sitting on the couch watching TV when I heard what sounded like banging on the back glass door. I called Philip. He said to call the police, that's what they're there for. So I called my brother in law. hehe He said to call the police, that's what they're there for. So I called the police. They came, didn't see anything and left me with a slight peace of mind. I woke the next day to find my folding chair, that I had propped up against the window had unfolded in the wind, banging it's legs on the window. ha


P.S. Does anyone know how to effectively clean a camera lens?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so glad the two of you got away! And I'm inspired by all your energy and getting things done on Spring Break...I need an energy boost right about now. The office looks cool in that color, too. I would probably have peed my pants if I had heard something banging on my back door on one of Clark's call nights...yikes!

Missie said...

I love the grey. Very pretty and chic.

When Mark leaves town, I get all paranoid and leave Lauren's bedroom door and monitor screen on, and then I have to put the alarm on... I left my keys in the front door one night that Mark was out.. not very smart of me.
Glad you enjoyed Witchita! There are some lovely town this way, if you and Philip want to journey down south.

Amity said...

Cute pics! I love the "I Love You" message on the wall. :)
Yes, when husbands are out of town the creepy noises are always louder and more realistic! If it happens again, call me and I will be there in a heartbeat...with pepper spray and a baseball bat!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!