Monday, April 7, 2008

devi titus and the "power of nice"

I had a fantastic weekend. I made a quick, expensive (fuel), but exciting jaunt to dfw for an old friend's baby shower then to send off my junior high youth director (kevin shorey) and his lovely family (including 4 TALL sons) to China to be missionaries. I saw a housefull of old and familiar faces and many of their children! Wow. It was so fun. For those of you old FUMC youthgroupers out there, make a point to come to the reunion planned for the church's centennial celebration this year. I don't know exactly when it is, but i imagine it's on the website. It was so fun to see those old friends again!

I then drove back to Abilene early Sunday morning to be there in time for church, and I'm so glad I did. It was awesome. Devi Titus, founder of the Mentoring Mansion and with her husband Larry, Kingdom Global Ministries, made a visit to our church to bring a message that is definitely due season for people everywhere to hear. Larry is the apostolic leader of our church, meaning he is in place to know the goings-on of our church and is in position to speak into our senior pastor's life and our church body freely. They are both incredible Kingdom-minded people, and wholly blessed with an awesome understanding of God, His Word, and His desires to see His people prosper and have peace! Please pay a visit to the church's website to hear it here! But you have to hurry to listen, next Monday, it will be updated!

Last year, I got the book (I'm sure if you know me you've heard me talk about it) The Home Experience. It goes through practical biblical principles for putting and keeping your home in order. As a wife, we are called to have dominion over our homes and are responsible for maintaining an atmosphere conducive for peace and rejuvenation! It is a huge encyclopedia of wisdom from her 60+ years of experience. I would honestly give it to every wife I knew (especially us young ones) if I could afford it. She does 4 day intensives several times a year at a place called the Mentoring Mansion. It's a time where she and her associate spend quality time with a group of women, teaching, training and equipping them to not only learn about the incredible roles we have as women, wives, and mothers, but instill a passion for the Almighty we serve! It would be such a once in a lifetime experience, don't you agree??

Anyway, I ended my weekend on a high and so motivated to serve my darling husband with a grace that only the Holy Spirit could empower and committed to beginning to really invest in people.

If you listen to the message, I'm so interested in what you think. Let me know!





3 comments:

Erin said...

I wondered if you got that book - I looked into it when you first mentioned it to me and read about the Mentoring Mansion, too. It does seem like it would be a great experience. I'll have to look into buying the book as well. :) I'm glad you enjoyed the service and that you made it home in time and safely. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Katy,
I loved Devi's message. My goal is to buy one of her teachings per week. She is awesome! I am glad that you posted this on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!