Friday, April 18, 2008

I've been tagged!

Thanks, Kara for tagging me... hmm... I'm supposed to tell you 7 things that you might not know about me:

1. Every afternoon, once Deron is napping, I make a special "me-time" drink. It consists of the little bit of leftover coffee from that morning, milk, ice, and some dark chocolate syrup. It helps me relax and enjoy the little amount of quiet time I have in the afternoons.

2. I am a morning person. My favorite times are getting up to a quiet and still house, sitting with my morning coffee and listening to the birds wake the world up. I would much rather wake up at 6am than have to stay up past 11pm. *Notice that I said "have to". Don't ever call me after 10pm. We'll be asleep.

3. I can't stand scary movies. I think it is utterly ridiculous to have to or want to get an adrenaline boost from something evil. I just don't see any good fruit from them. They give you nightmares, they lower your sensitivity to things of the kingdom of darkness, and they compromise the glorious beauty that God created people to be and resemble.

4. I have to have my hair up when I sleep. Aren't different people's sleeping rituals interesting? Kara said she can't wear pants to bed, or socks, and I am in complete agreement with her! I also must have my hair up. I get too hot (even in the winter) with it all around my neck and shoulders. Plus, Philip sure doesn't want it in his face.

5. My favorite car right now is the GMC Acadia. If you've read recent posts, you might've know this one... Back last fall, a neighbor down the street got one, and I noticed it right away on a morning walk. I fell in love with it then, now I see them everywhere! We got a chance to test drive one on our adventurous trip to Wichita Falls, and I fell even more in love. It'll probably just stay a dream for awhile though...

6. I make cards. I think this probably started a few years ago when Philip and I didn't make any income, so obviously, money was endlessly tight. It's cheap and easy, and so personal. I love doing it.

7. I love plants and flowers. I can't say I'm terrific at keeping them lush and beautiful (if you have any tips, please pass them on!), but I love to have living things surrounding me inside the house and out! They bring an organic layer to a home and, to me, make it feel friendly. I love having a bouquet of fresh flowers in the kitchen to greet me every time I walk in! It makes such a happy home.

So there you go... I tag Missie, Erin, and D!

4 comments:

Amity said...

mmmm...that "Me-Drink" sounds really good right now! Aaron is sleeping and I have a sweet tooth at the moment!! :)
And you do make the cutest cards!! I loved the one you made for me when I was sick....too cute!

Amity said...

mmmm...your "Me-Drink" sounds really good! Aaron is sleeping right now and I have a sweet tooth at the moment! :)
And you DO make the cutest cards! I love the one you made for me when I was sick...too cute!

Amity said...

lol...umm..yeah I just realized that I double-posted a comment....

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

I have to say I can't keep plants alive and lush either. Maybe we should taking planting classes at Home Depot. As a matter of fact there are 3 very sick plants sitting next to me! :)