Monday, February 23, 2009

whew!

We've been up to a lot! First order of business: the Champions Church Valentine's Banquet '09. Always held at the luxurious *formerly* Fairway Oaks Country Club. Here are a few pictures from our evening.

This is my great friend, Amity. We're due probably about 5-6 days apart. Her little boy, Aaron and Deron are also great friends. We're excited to have somem new little playmates to grow up together!
Yay for 2nd trimester!

I know this is a random picture of our food, but I thought it was so funny it looked like a face!


As of today, I'm about 15 1/2 weeks along in this wonderful pregnancy! I'm definitely getting my energy back. It's funny how you never think you will, isn't it? Granted, working all day and such can make ANYONE tired. Kudos to working moms out there. I have a newfound respect and admiration!

I (finally) had my first real doctor's appointment last Tuesday, thinking it would be just general history and physical type stuff, but my doctor saw that we were there and he made a special visit in to see us and give us an ultrasound! It wasn't planned at all, in fact, he even made the comment he was out of practice since all the ultrasounds are done now at a different office. It meant so much to me for him to pay us a special visit because of our history and relationship Philip and I both have with him. What a great doctor! Anyway, here are some 15 week sonogram shots of our precious new bundle. S/he was wiggling around so much and having a grand time. It was heaven hearing the heartbeat, and seeing her/him move around was elating!

Here's a profile view (sorry it's blurry).
It's hard to see clearly in this picture, but the hand is up by the face like s/he's waving! Hi mom and dad!

This is another semi-profile.

In other news, I'm sick of Deron being sick! I knew he'd be getting sick a little more often due to being in school getting exposed to all of the new germs, but once a week? Really? 4 weeks ago it was double ear infections, 2 weeks ago it was a stomach bug, last week it was a combination of weird stuff including minor earache, ear drainage (there's a new one for me), but no "nailed down" symptoms. He just took Friday off and slept ALL day. So you know something's up. I'm ready for that to end. At least flu season is almost over. I'm glad Philip and I are staying well. I sure am being exposed to a lot too, but by God's protection, I've stayed illness-free since school started. Almost half-way there... I can taste the graduation cake....

3 comments:

Erin said...

yea! sono pics! That's so fun that you're doctor made a special visit to y'all. You look so good Katy! I'm glad you're getting more energy and not getting sick from all the new germs. Poor Deron! We'll pray for him!

Amity said...

That food picture cracks me up! It's hard to take a 4 star meal seriously when it looks like a face...heehee.

D'Nae said...

Awwww your post made me so happy. =)
love you.