Monday, June 22, 2009

to my love...


I adore you, my sweet Philip.

You have made me an inexpressibly, incomparably, and uncompromisingly happy woman.

I love your touch.

I love your smile.

I love the "pokies" on your face when you don't shave for a few days.

I love the little hairs that fluff on the back of your head when you rub the gel out of your hair or when you've been resting with your head on the couch for awhile.

I love the way you love chips and salsa every day at lunch.

I love the tenderness of your hands and the strength that they represent.

I love the music that your heart writes- the melodies, the harmonies, and the way you want them to express something besides just music on a page.

I love how meticulous you are about budgeting and taking care of our finances.

I love how you prefer one particular pencil above all else and how it bugs you when the laptop cord isn't properly taken care of behind the laptop.

I love how you always plug your phone in, even if we're home for 10 minutes.

I love how soft your feet always are and how they handsomely don a little flipflop tan line these days.

I love how excited you get talking about really technical aspects of computers and how knowledgeable even you make me feel eventhough I still have little understanding about them.

I love the way you look at me across the room and tell me I'm beautiful.

I love that you are 6'1" and can (under normal circumstances) pick me up and hug me.

I love how you leave me notes often, and you know that I love when they're hand-written.

I love that you look for ways to show me that I am special to you.

I love that you will give me a back scratch anytime I ask for one before going to sleep.

I love how you work so dad-gum hard every single day of the week, but hardly anyone ever knows because you don't complain.

I love how you always thank me for cooking for you, and that you usually like it!

I love the silly little songs that you sing that no one else gets to hear but me.

I love how you prefer Homemade Vanilla icecream above any other flavor.

I love how boyishly-giddy you get about computer parts.

I love how you wipe the tears from my eyes when I cry, and the hair out of my face when I'm upset.

I love your shoulders and how they always look so big and strong.

I love your hugs and how they envelop me completely.

I love that you will hold me without question, and you know those times so well.

I love that you support my dreams and goals and that you want to see me pursue them.

I love that you talk with me about your feelings about things and want to communicate with me.

I love that if I ask for your attention or time, you willingly give it.

I love the way you care about our marriage, and will invest time, money, and effort to make it the best it can be.

I love the way you check on Deron every night before we go to sleep, whispering in his ear how much you love him and kiss him on the face.

I love that you smile every time we talk about Jedidiah.

I love how cuddly you are with me and Deron, and love watching you smother Deron with kisses and hugs while he squirms and giggles hopelessly.

I love how talented you are at playing piano, and how it always makes me swoon.

I love how you understand me, sometimes better than I realize.

I love how you insisted years ago to have a quiet time with me every single morning, and you won't let us sleep in past it.

I love how you know proper Old English and will easily use it in Boggle.

I love that you love your coffee black.

I love that your voice is the lowest in the choir and you're proud of it.

I love how straight and white your teeth are.

I love how look for ways to bless me and make me happy.

I love how you'll come home with flowers if you know I've had a hard day.

I love how hard you are to beat in most any game, but you do so with grace.

I love sharing memories with you like my "rag-of-muffins", the candle wax picture, the early mornings at BCBS, the U.S. Open every summer, "conservation mode" in the summertime, Howie, the maroon suburban, playing scrabble, the State Park, date nights, just to name a few.

I love love love you, Philip Crumpton. You have made me such a happy woman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I am bawling...that is the sweetest, most precious thing I have ever read.. I feel bad reading it since its kinda personal, but you did put it on your blog haha, I could not help but read it..you are so blessed Katy,obviously you know that! I am so happy that you have such and incredible marriage..you guys are so precious together and everyone should be as in love as you to are..you guys have come through so much together and your marriage is just that much stronger..it blesses me to know that two people can really be that much in love, makes me believe in fairy tales again..I pray that the fairy tale lasts forever for you...I know people say its silly to think that you can live in a "honeymoon phase" forever, but why not, if you work hard, are in love, and are attentive to each others needs, why can't true love be forever, and why can't we be happy for our entire married lives! :-) Okay so anyway, just wanted to say I loved this blog, beautiful, and many more thousands of blessings to you both for your happily ever after!

Amity said...

MUSHY!! ...but SO honoring and adorable! :)
You guys are awesome and you have a wonderful husband who is greatly appreciated! Love you guys!

Kevin Halliburton said...

Philip... You are the MAN!

And Katy... It's largely your fault!

Best post in the history of your blog.