Sunday, April 26, 2009

thoughts on student teaching #6

Well, I've had my last observation, I'm finished with having to write weekly summaries to my professor, and I only have 7 days left being in the classroom. I've had a great experience student teaching and I am endlessly thankful that the high school venue wasn't as stressful as elementary. Not that the teacher doesn't have a mountain more to take care of, she just didn't let me take care of it all. That's ok by me. Sure my days were sometimes slow, but I had energy at 4pm like I hadn't had for 2 months before that!

Overall I've discovered that I'm just not sure teaching in a public school music program is really my thing. At the end of the day I find my mind drifting to so many other things that would fulfill my life much more than teaching. This is always something I've thought deep down inside, but had to experience for myself. I have realized though, that I do love privately teaching voice lessons. That's something I'm excited to start in the fall. We'll see how much it fits with a brand new baby and all that goes with that.

Now on to the most anticipated event happening regarding my schooling EVER. Graduation! In 13 days and counting!!!!

No comments: