Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jude Owen Crumpton

We have decided on a name for our new little addition coming August 6th (or 7th)! Jude we have had picked out for a long time for our next boy, but Owen just came in the last few weeks. I'm absolutely in love with these names!! To us, meanings of names are so important. It's like you speak a person's destiny over them every time you call them to the table or to watch out for something or even when you discipline them.

I really got into the meanings of names in college when a friend of mine who was dean of the junior high summer camp I was counseling at spoke into us the meanings of our own names and had been praying it over us prior to the camp. It meant so much to me and opened my eyes to the depth that is in a name...

Jude:
Inherent Meaning - Praised
Spiritual Connotation - Full of Love
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Owen:
Inherent Meaning - Distinguished
Spiritual Connotation - Pleasant to Look Upon
2 Samuel 23:4 And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises, a morning without clouds, like the tender grass springing out of the earth, by clear shining after rain.

I have felt great lately. The process of registering and trying to find room for this new bundle is beginning, and I couldn't be more excited! Here's the bedroom theme we've decided on for little Baby Jude. Are these not the cutest monkeys you've EVER seen?! I have run into some hard decision-making this go-round though. It seems like I'll make a decision about something and then think and rethink and toil and travail about whether that's really what I want. Is that normal? I was even hesitant about putting this picture up because I don't know FOR SURE. But, yes. This is it. Final. Decision made. I think.

For those who haven't seen this, Deron thinks he has a baby in his tummy as well. It's pretty darn cute! He calls him his baby Jude. He likes to feed him and tells me when his baby is getting too full or hungry or tired. Obviously he's not as far along as I am, but he's having a terrific 1st trimester!

3 comments:

Erin said...

You look so good Katy! We just love y'all!

I will never forget Sabrina sharing that with us - I have the book, too. :) It's how we picked Corinne's name.

Can't wait to welcome Jude!

Amity said...

I love that name. And I LOVE the meanings. AND!!! The bedding is a-dor-able!! Where is it from?

Missie said...

The pictures are great, Katy!
I love the monkey theme.. that is our bathroom theme for the kids.

We, in the past few days, have also decided on a name, but, we like to keep ours secret. Drives everyone nuts! :)

I am so thankful that your pregnancy is going well. We will continue to pray for you, Deron, Philip, and baby Jude!