Monday, July 20, 2009

27 and 37

Sunday I turned 27! It was a fun weekend. My parents drove out from Irving to celebrate (and bring a twin bed). We filled our time Saturday feeding ducks, playing at the park and the mall, buying some new books, going to a birthday party, and eating. I had planned on enjoying my birthday dinner at Perini Ranch: the best steak Philip and I have ever eaten (also I've read has catered at places like President Bush's ranch in Crawford several times). But, unfortunately, we didn't think about making reservations and didn't have time to wait for a possible outside table in an hour or more. Oh well. Next time maybe. I did get a pretty cool new digital camera that I'm excited about! Oh, and thank you sweet sis, for your blog post dedicated to me! It was super sweet!!

Sunday was a busy day! There was a guest speaker in town this weekend from California speaking at our church, at the prison here and other various places around the area. His name is "Big Al" Aceves. He is the co-founder of the Mongol Nation (or Mongol Motorcycle Club) in Southern CA. Talk about hard-core guy. Addicted to heroin for 35 years, killed people for a living, etc, etc. I've hardly heard a testimony as extreme as his. Yet now, he's one of the most tender people I've ever met. Truly a witness to God's mercy and encompassing forgiveness. I love it!

Sunday night I went to the Bible Study our women's ministry is doing. We are reading Supernatural Ways of Royalty by Kris Vallotton and Bill Johnson. This book is amazing! It is one of those that really will change the way you think, act, treat people, treat yourself, hold yourself, and relate to God. Seriously. It's about changing mindsets and ways of thinking to bring you to a place where you know you are part of the royal inheritance that is part of the Kingdom. Read it. And read it over again. We're only about halfway through the book study, but it has enlightened me in so many amazing ways- I can't wait to read more!!
In baby news, this week I'll be 37 weeks along! Only 2 1/2 more weeks left. Whew! We're almost there! I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, some quite painful, but nothing extreme I guess. The cycle has begun though of everyone finally delivering their little bundles of joy! Missie had her son last week, and Amity is scheduled for Friday, another friend at our church next week, Valerie sometime very soon, etc, etc. It's all very exciting! And we are ready.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Katy- You look great. Happy Birthday! Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!

Lindy said...

Happy belated birthday! You look SO CUTE! I'm looking forward to seeing baby soon!