Monday, July 27, 2009

life with a 4-year old



Oh, life is interesting with a 4-year old in the house. I thought I'd dedicate this one to him. The video of the little girl is stolen from Eric Whitacre's blog where he mentions that this is what it feels like to live with a 4-year old. I had to laugh and agree. Those of you who have one (or have had) will totally understand.



Everything is "Why" or "When" or "How". And every sentence begins and ends with Mommy or Daddy. (Example: "Daddy, why are you drinking coffee, Daddy?")


Last night conversation as I was putting him to bed:

Mommy: ooh!

Deron: Mommy, why'd you say "ooh!"?

Mommy: (In an effort to sound smart to a 4-year old) Because I'm having a contraction.
Deron: What does contraction mean?

Mommy: It means Baby Jude wants to come out.

Deron: Oh dear.






But amidst all the questions and head-strong discussions (that really just remind me of... me), he's such a sweet kid. I love this bug.

3 comments:

Amity said...

You ARE the "best ever Mommy!" :)
So sweet....

Jessica said...

yes life with a 4 year old is definately INTERSTING! Cherish every moment! Deron is such an awesome little dude with an great personality! You guys are doing a wonderful job as parents!

Lindy said...

HAHA!!!! Deron's "oh dear" cracked me up!! HilARious! Praying blessings upon you as you guys prepare for baby Jude!