Wednesday, July 29, 2009

8 days and counting!

Went to the doctor yesterday. Not really any new news, still at 3cm, everything looks great. He did wonder out loud whether I would actually make it to next Thursday, but we will just have to see! I have had several "is this it?!" moments, usually at night, but then we go to bed and nothing ever progresses. Maybe it's time to finally pack the inevitable hospital bag. It's strange though, I feel like since there's this preset date, I can put everything off until the day before. Not smart. I do though plan on getting a pedicure Monday or Tuesday of next week, just to be early. :) I have a whole bunch of stuff coming in, probably today, of the remaining "needed" stuff off my registry. This is extremely exciting!!! Not many things better than getting packages in the mail! And once they come, I will feel very ready for the new Mr. Crumpton.

Deron continually warms my heart how he talks about babies. He met our friend's new little Ella Claire last week in the hospital and was enamored at her. He held her (with daddy's help) so still and gently. How do kids know when something is so fragile? I can't wait for him to see his own little brother and see them look at each other and eventually play together! Only a few more days....

3 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

Yay!!! We'll be praying for y'all!

that boy mitch, big O, and me! said...

Yea - I am SO EXCITED for you guys! I can't wait to see little Jude :)

Kara said...

So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the little cutie.