Tuesday, July 15, 2008

lost bear

I'm sore. I am in the process of choosing a gym in town, so I'm taking my turns going once for free with several of my friends who are members at different places. It felt so good getting on the weight machines and burning some calories on the elliptical! The only sad thing is I think we lost bear. This is a very sad thing, I keep telling Deron that he's on a trip, that we'll pray and see if he makes his way home. This is not just his comfort friend, it means a lot to me too, in fact. I got this bear as a gift from a friend after our first miscarriage over 2 years ago, and Deron grew very attached over any other stuffed animal. It's sweet because I received a larger bear (affectionately named "dad bear") when I found I was pregnant (and later miscarried again) last winter. These 2 bears Deron loves over all of his "friends", but bear (or "brown bear") is definitely the most loved. I hope by some stretch he shows back up, all I can think of is some other child took him with them as they left the gym, or he is by some chance laying on the floor of Target waiting for us to come get him...

For those of you who may have not looked on your calendars lately, my birthday is Saturday! Philip and I are dropping the bug off at my parent's house and spending Thursday playing! Then Friday afternoon and Saturday we're going to a marriage conference at Gateway Church in Southlake. Did I mention we got reservations at a 4-star hotel for $50 bucks a night?! Woohoo! I'm so excited to spend time with my darling hubby and get some great teaching and marital fulfillment!

This afternoon at lunch Deron prayed this sweet (and funny) prayer:
Dear God, thank you for everything, thanks for helping me read my Bible, mommy's gonna be 26, helping me poopoo, bless it all. Amen.

No comments: