Monday, July 14, 2008

Youth For the Nations

So we're back. And as anticipated, it was a week that truly will be a bookmark in my spiritual journey. The speakers were Pastor Benny Perez, a pastor who has one of the fastest growing ministries in the US, in none other than Las Vegas, and Pastor Jude Fouquier, a relevant speaker who has such a prophetic message for this generation. His church is in Kirkland, WA. I got to know Pastor Jude some last year, and was so privileged to hear him again this year. These guys are incredible!

But more about the camp... if only I had been exposed and taught about this stuff when I was a youth! To try to sum up what God showed me this year was that prayer is something so extraordinary. When you pray for something, don't ever quit until you see it come to pass! This camp is so incredibly successful because as soon as the last week is over one year, there is a team who begins praying and fasting and hearing from the Lord the entire year, just for those few weeks. And I'm not talking a few men here and there who set aside a minute or two every month to think about this camp. It is a highly concentrated season of prayer that goes into all of this. And you feel it as soon as you set foot on the campus. Worship, lead by JesusCulture and Kim Walker, a band from Bethel Church in Redding, CA. Let me say something about the church they're from really quick... This church has a desire to see God's signs, wonders, and miracles, and are EXPECTED to see them brought by every member of the church to the everyday world and culture around them. And you know what? They DO! Testimonies of dramatic healings, salvations, signs of the Spirit of God coming and invading people's lives! How incredible is that!?Anyway, more about MY experience... I desire to see these occurrances in my life. To see people get up and walk after being crippled their entire life. To see broken bones come into alignment. To see people freed from their demonic oppression that has been hidden and dormant. To witness the Holy Spirit baptizing people on the street and their lives forever transformed. I witnessed much of that this week, and what He told me is it comes by much prayer and fasting. A small token to pay for such a grand Life poured out on people.

I am excited to go on now and bring the anointing that was present all of last week to my church, my family, and my life. I can't wait to tell more people about the red-headed kid who had gone to a deaf school in Kentucky, who wore huge hearing-aids because of his deafness, get miraculously healed and I saw him the rest of the week, and even talked to him in line as he joked and laughed with his friends, with no hearing aids, no yelling or signing. Wow. And this is only one story.

No comments: