Sunday, August 30, 2009

Aunt D came to town (and first day of pre-k!)

Last week Aunt D came to town! She was a HUGE help and we just plain had fun, too! While she was here, Deron started Pre-K, and Philip started his first day of his LAST SEMESTER!!!! (Please rise for the Hallelujah Chorus...) I actually woke up feeling quite pitiful, so my wonderful hubby urged me to stay home. So sad! He took some sweet pictures of their trip up to school though. He's done well academically (I had NO doubts)... the things they're learning he already knows, but it's good for him to review. One fun thing he is learning is Bible verses! Last week he just spouted off Genesis 1:1 to me at lunch. Let me tell you what a proud mama I was when I heard the Word coming out of my babe's mouth! Yes! It's Monday and he's already learned this week's verse- John 1:3. By the end of the year they will have learned around 26 verses! Unfortunately, I think that might be more than what I can quote- I'm excited to learn along with him.

Diane's visit was mostly just filled with normal stuff we do around here. We went to church together, hung out on Monday while I didn't feel well, Tuesday we ran errands and stopped at Starbucks for a nice sisterly chat with the baby (who got lots of ooh's and ahh's, I might add), and went to the pool later that day. 2 nights in a row she also took the 2am feeding!!! I felt like a new woman getting to sleep 6 to 7 hours straight with no baby in the room! Thanks, D.

It was great spending time with you, sis. I love you!

No comments: