Sunday, August 30, 2009

the early weeks

Sorry it's been so long. Life has been a bit different, needless to say, in the past 3 1/2 weeks! (Truthfully though, I've been trying my darndest to upload some fantastic videos of Deron playing his new favorite game, "America's Got Talent", but our uploading speed is painfully slow, and I think our computer gets so tired with such a huge file that it just throws in the towel and quits.) So, I have tried, but you'll just have to let your minds go wild about the cute game he's made up. Sorry. :)

The first week home was, well, boring. Don't get me wrong, it was great to have my love around most of the day to help out and have yummy meals brought to our home by caring friends for a few nights. And Deron got to spend every morning with his grandmama, including his first fishing trip, which helped tremendously! But I'm not much of a homebody and since I was taking exciting medicine, I couldn't drive myself anywhere. I got so bored seeing the one living space in our house and only being able to stand for 5 minutes at a time.

That was one facet. Emotions were the next train that hit me. I don't know if this was really the case, but I don't remember the rollercoaster after Deron was born. I was not prepared! Crying for no reason, disheartened at anything difficult, frustrated and glee-filled all at the same time... yikes. Thank goodness my husband is as awesome as he is. I really think he knows me better than myself sometimes. He would just hug me and make me realize that my hormones have just taken a huge hit, and I'm normal. Thanks, honey. I love you.

Here are some pictures!


first bath (bug sorta thought it was cool... not really)

pre-work lovin'
I love how tiny Jude looks in his arms!

first family photo
(can you believe it took me 2 weeks to get one with all 4 of us in it!?)

first Sunday at church together!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Katy- You look great! Jude looks so much like Deron to me. I'm hoping to make a trip there soon, and I want to come by and meet your sweet baby.