Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 20

1/3 of the way through! We feel so in the groove of things now!

Last night our dear friend was admitted to the ER and had an emergent surgery, so we are taking care of their most prized possession, and my son's best friend. :)  She's a bundle of joy and we love her so much.  We're so thankful that our friend is ok and now on the road to recovery, though it could take time.  He and his wife are doing the challenge with us, so they are obviously on hold for now- although Isagenix will be the perfect thing for him once he's out and recovering.

Due to the events of the day, I went by Subway to grab lunch: a turkey sandwich filled with veggies.  And NO chips, and water!  And I even took the kiddos to Chic-fil-a for chicken! (I might've snuck a few fries from Solomon's bag..shh)  Oh! And did I tell you we bought FIVE boxes of girl scout cookies from a girl we've invested in? I nearly fainted when Philip said that's how many he wanted to buy, knowing we'd have them in the house and we wouldn't be eating them. I am the one who has to divvy them out to the kids, get my fingers moist with warm chocolate from sweet thin mints... but who hasn't had ANY?! This girl!  And I'm ok with that!

Another momentous thing happened tonight as well! Yesterday Philip randomly said, "When we take Deron to karate tomorrow, I think I'll just stay and work out." I. was. flabbergasted.  I checked his pulse.  I checked his temperature.  I checked his teeth. (Inside joke)  Philip will do what he needs to when he knows he needs to do it, but golly-gee, I was surprised! He said it just feels right to exercise now.  Like his body WANTS to.  So he did! And he enjoyed it!  He's going to start doing Couch to 5K which is what got me running a couple of years ago.  I'm not going to lie.  I am SO excited for this.  I love working out and getting out and getting sweaty, and I've always wanted him to have that same passion.

No comments: