Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 7

I woke up this morning a little tired, only because I went to bed so late talking to my incredible mom and sharing a room with my 2 smaller boys.  We woke up later than usual, downed my IonixSupreme and had a cup of coffee.

I drank my shake for breakfast, feeling good about everything and got ready to pack up our things and pick up my friend about 45 mins away.  After I picked her up, we met my mom at a downtown headstart program where she was playing her instrument for some 3-4 year-olds. Jude and Sollie had fun watching her dress up as a tortoise as they played and narrated the story of Tortoise and the Hare.

We wanted to try something yummy for lunch, and close before we headed home.  So we decided on Twisted Root, a burger joint that has been made famous for it's food in Dallas that we had never tried.  So, I was convinced I could find something relatively low calorie that would work.  I settled on a turkey burger with guacamole, pepperjack, and grilled chilis on it.  It was fantastic.  And it came with fries.  Which were fantastic.  Oops.  I ate them.  Double oops.  This meal definitely wasn't the healthiest option out there, but we stumble and we get back up, right?  At least I had water!

Then we started heading home.  After a huge meal and getting gas (for the car-heehee), we did, in fact, stop at ye olde Starbucks and I did, in fact, order a grande peppermint mocha.  And I did, in fact, drink it on the way home.  I was getting groggy with mid-afternoon full-belly.  No excuse.  I drank it, not feeling guilty, but realizing how bloated I felt afterwards.  I am definitely not accustomed to the sugar load this week, and it just did not make me feel vibrant, healthy, and energized.  Now I know.  Remembering these things will make it so much easier when I am faced with that again.

When I got home, I was greeted with family life once again- hectic, noisy, fun.  I tried an apple cinnamon vanilla version of a shake for dinner. It was ok, but not a favorite.

Getting back on track tomorrow for sure.

No comments: