Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 9

Today was a harder day than I was anticipating for some reason. We woke, had our IonixSupreme, shake, and I took the kids to the gym.  My shake this morning was an experiment: steamed carrots, vanilla mix, cloves and cinnamon.  I read somewhere it was like carrot cake.  It wasn't bad, but I don't think I'll make it again.  Vanilla just isn't my thing.

I needed time to myself and to do some planning and thinking, so I decided to run outside (even though it was cold and windy!).  I did 1.5 miles and then lifted weights.  I mixed up some Want More Energy? to have with me and it was incredible! The taste is great, and it's very satisfying as you need refueling.  I felt like my workout went really well and went home.

Philip and I ate fish tacos with roasted corn, zucchini and black beans.  My favorite!! It was delish! And I tried to eat slow knowing that tomorrow and Sunday we cleanse again, so no more savory dishes for a few days.

I don't know if it was because I was home all afternoon or because I had a relatively substantial workout, but I wanted to munch!! Anything! I took my accelerator pill and a couple of IsaSnacks, but was still aching for more later in the afternoon.  Finally, I caved and ate a little bite of peanut butter (gasp!).  It actually did the trick.  But I sure was ready for my dinnertime shake!

I tried a new flavor tonight: chocolate powder, frozen organic strawberries and a little honey.  Not too bad! Philip thought it was gross, and the honey definitely needed to be included to lessen the tartness of the berries, but I enjoyed it. :)  He tends to just like things plain.  Maybe that's why he lost 7.5 lbs and I only lost 4.5 last week.... or maybe it was the fatty turkey burger, fries, and peppermint mocha that is still haunting me. haha...

Well, pray for me tomorrow.  I'm not excited about cleansing.  I know I'll be fine, and I've made a list of projects to get done to keep me busy.  Philip being here will also make it easier.  And I know it's so good for my health.  I can do it!

No comments: