Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 6

Today was a relatively busy day for this stay-at-home mom.  I woke and drank my IonixSupreme shot and had a divine cup of coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 and a teeny bit of agave to sweeten.  Being lazy all morning, I didn't drink my shake until almost 9am!

I knew dinner would be out with my family tonight, so after getting ready to meet some friends throughout the day, I drank my 2nd shake for the day.  It was about 1pm, but it was difficult getting the whole thing down because I was still pretty full from breakfast.  I like knowing what's coming, so I've gotten into a routine with my mix.  I use the chocolate mix, a 1/2 banana, and a teeny tablespoon of organic peanut butter, and ice and water of course.

I had no need to use any snacks today, I simply wasn't hungry for anything else.  After meeting up with my wonderful friend Kevin Weaver, I met my parents at Corner Bakery where they conveniently have an "Under 550 calorie" menu.  Easy choices! Yay!  So I picked a chicken pesto sandwich with tomato basil soup and water.  And I might've nibbled on some of my kid's fruit. :)

After that, I met up with my long-time amazing friend Erin (who is probably the only one still reading this blog! *wave*) at Starbucks.  Now, any of you who know me, know that I was a fan of Starbucks before most people were fans.  I tasted the magically delicious coffee treat on the Northwest Coast in Portland long before it came to the Lone Star State.  I dreamed of it being available down the street so I could indulge in a mocha frappuccino on a whim.  20 years later.... I can! And I still love the place.  I know it's terribly fattening, over caffeinated and very commercialized now, but I don't care.  They've marketed well, and I love going.  I am definitely not a stop-by-every-morning-after-I-take-kids-to-school, or an after-workout-let's-undo-everything-you-just-did, or even a multiple-times-a-week drinker.  I try to only go about once a week, and it's a special occasion.  But, truth be told, I will put your Starbucks giftcards to use.

So, we met at Starbucks.  Sometimes you just need a place to sit!  And I did something I never do.  I ordered TEA!  (Which is approved doing the 30-Day System, by the way).  I got a refresher hot tea that tasted a lot like spearmint and sweetened it with honey and I enjoyed every last drop! I consider this a giant victory for myself and honestly, I didn't even yearn for the pepperminty-mocha goodness that I usually do.

So yay! I was able to sleep AND I didn't have a bloated tummy.  Onward to Day 7!

No comments: