Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 21

Our friend Ben is doing much better today.  He's still in ICU and they are monitoring his heart rate among other things, but hopefully he'll get moved to a regular room tomorrow.  Praise God!

This morning I did intervals again at the gym.  1.5% incline (that's important, you know- so you're actually doing some work and not letting the machine do most of it for you), 1 min sprint at 7.3mph/ 2 min rest at 3.2mph- 5x  Then I lifted weights, shoulder emphasis.  I felt great!  And as I walked in to the gym today, the trainers at the front desk commented on how good I looked. :) :)  That'll make you feel good!

I went to see Ben in the hospital after that, which put me in a rush to make lunch, but I managed to whip up some turkey burgers with grated zucchini and carrot in them and salad on the side.  Ask me for this recipe.  I make it all.the.time.  I got it from a RealSimple article years ago, but it's a staple!

Today was a big day for Philip! He is now in ONEderland!  Meaning, he's in the 100s! That means, he's lost almost 18 lbs!  We're both super duper excited!! What a great goal! And, I am below 185, which means I've lost almost 15 lbs! And, 185 is the lowest I've been in a very, very long time.  10 years! And before that, it was much higher than that for many many years.  So this is a huge goal number for me.  Well on our way to hitting the 20 lb mark and still plenty of time to do it!

Oh, and I made the best shake yet this evening.  It was chocolate with a few almonds and honey in it.  Wow.

P.S.  My hubby looks HOT! :)

No comments: